Cupping Therapy is a new addition to Finesse and it compliments that our existing approach to helping our clients improve their everyday movement.
What is cupping Therapy?
Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine which originated in China.
The therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction, increasing blood circulation to the area where the cups are placed. Since the cups can also be applied to major acupressure points, the practice is possibly effective at treating digestive issues, skin issues, and other conditions commonly treated with acupressure.
This therapy is a holistic approach to body healing. Cupping Therapy can relieve muscle tension, which can improve overall blood flow and promote cell repair. It may also help form new connective tissues and create new blood vessels in the tissue.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of cupping therapy include increased blood circulation in the treated area that results in muscle tension release. It also increases lymphatic flow and helps in “cleansing” of intracellular fluid residue.
After this therapy clients feel less stiff, enjoy better mobility of the treated segment and overall better posture.
Cupping therapy isn’t recommended for everyone. Extra caution should be taken for the following groups:
- Children under 4 years old shouldn’t receive cupping therapy. Older children should only be treated for very short periods.
- Our skin becomes more fragile as we age. Any medication you may be taking might have an effect as well.
- Pregnant people. Avoid cupping the abdomen and lower back.
- Those who are currently menstruating.
- Don’t use cupping if you use blood thinning medication.
- Also avoid cupping if you have a sunburn, a wound, a skin ulcer, experienced recent trauma or an internal organ disorder.
Approved by all major health insurance
Treatments are provided by CORU registered therapists and approved by all major health insurance providers in Ireland.